- Provides contract development and functional support to the Site Contracting Team Lead (SCTL) and Investigator Contracts Leads (ICL)
- Negotiates contractual budgets, business terms and the scope of service with Clinical Trial Sites (CSA), HCPs (Consulting Agreements) and Service Providers (Service Agreements) with oversight.
- Processes Letters of Authorization (LOAs)
- Processes Certificate of Insurance Requests
- Prepares and negotiates Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs)
- Provide basic contracts and outsourcing guidance to internal and external stakeholders
- Supports contractual/financial issue resolution with supervisory direction and oversight
- Supports the Subcontractor Approval Process
- Works in a structured environment using established systems and contracting compliance and business requirements to perform assigned tasks. PSTL and/or OL provide direction and oversight for complex tasks.
- Liaises frequently with stakeholders to ensure they understand and have realistic expectations of Business Operations and Sourcing (BOS) contracting process, systems, compliance & business requirements and contracting cycle times.
- Responsible for the preparation, negotiation and finalization/execution of Clinical Study Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Service Agreements, Patient Advocacy, Work Orders, Contract Amendments, Change Orders and Confidential Disclosure Agreements
- Processes LOAs and provides guidance to stakeholders on LOA requirements
- Directly negotiates proposed changes to standard contract language within guidelines provided by the Legal Division and other BOS colleagues; escalates requested changes that fall outside of guidelines to the Legal Division and other stakeholders, as required
- Negotiates budgets, as required, and escalate significant budget exceptions to the appropriate stakeholder for resolution.
- Able to operate independently in non-ambiguous situations to deliver per guidelines/requirements.
- May review work completed by other peers when providing support or acting in a mentor role.
- Has comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of the department’s discipline, and appreciation for the principles and concepts of other related disciplines.
- Supports the contract administration and operational processes:
- Adds new suppliers to Ariba/SAP system, as required
- Facilitates contract execution/signature process
- Supports Ariba (ACW) and Activate maintenance and administration
- Uploads PDF copy of fully executed contracts to Pfizer Trial Master File (PTMF)
- Provides contract retrieval and redaction support during Corporate Audits and Regulatory Inspections
- Participates in special departmental projects and/or initiatives to help achieve business objectives.
- Considered a resource for others, helping department meet contracting volume demands, turnaround times and serving as a BOS technical expert relative to the operational processing of all contracts
- Facilitates the subcontractor approval process
- Actively supports Pfizer’s culture.
- Applies working knowledge to identify and advance business improvements to processes, procedures, systems, etc. Works with SCTL and ICLs to drive the creation and implementation of best practices.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree or 3 years work experience in a procurement and sourcing role or a related discipline, such as complex document management, legal assistance or financial data analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical trial-related Sponsor experience, CRO operational and/or proposal development experience or other relevant clinical trial-related experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience negotiating and drafting clinical trial-related agreements is desired
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/Excel) is required.
- Experience with Ariba Contract Workbench (ACW), Activate and/or other industry costing or contract management tools are desired.
- Operational knowledge of clinical trial study execution activities (e.g. study start-up, maintenance and closeout activities) and clinical outsourcing is desired
- Knowledge and experience in negotiating and contracting with HCPs, CROs and/or technical service providers is desired
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and data analysis
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some travel may be required (approximately 2-3 business days per year)
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: September 3rd, 2021.
- Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Global Procurement#LI-PFE