Sr. Mrg., SAP Basis Support and Continuous
This position participates in the day to day support of Pfizer’s SAP systems. This includes in office support as well as on call/after-hours responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to applying OSS notes, migrating changes through the system landscapes, researching performance and technical issues through searching SAP’s Service Marketplace, performing daily system health checks, applying system support packs, managing background jobs, advanced troubleshooting and leading complex implementations. The responsibilities are performed as part of technical team activities or as project deliverables and are completed with guidance from team management or the applicable project managers. Participating in and contributing to team discussions concerning process improvement is also required.
- Has advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories in SAP Basis administration, and comprehensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other SAP disciplines
- Applies technical and line knowledge to plan/design projects that will enable the Sub Business Unit/Sub Operating Unit to meet goals
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and best practices to recommend improvements to products, processes, or services
- Takes appropriate risks to advance innovative processes and methodologies based on comprehensive business and technical knowledge
- Makes decisions within general business line or functional guide
- Works independently on most assignments using knowledge and work experience to achieve desired results
- Work may be indirectly reviewed through consultation and agreement with others, rather than by formal review with supervisor
- 15 years of SAP Basis Administration experience
- BS/BA in Information Technology or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SAP ABAP and Java system administration
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle and SAP HANA database systems
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- SAP Certified NetWeaver System Administrator
- Experience with Windows application administration
- Experience with administration of SAP Cloud systems – e.g. SAP IBP, SAP C4C.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Willingness to work nights and weekends to implement systemic changes with a minimum of impact to business operations.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech