Marketing Manager, GIC
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The LINZESS HCP Marketing Manager actively contributes to the design, development, and implementation of brand strategies and tactics that support the commercial objectives for the brand. The Marketing Manager will partner with key cross functional teams to identify and use insights and the patient journey to develop stakeholder specific messaging and tactics across multiple channels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop tactical plan and lead tactical development aligned to the strategic brand plan
- Make proposals and recommendations based on business direction, market dynamics and data
- Maintain awareness of relevant market dynamics and trends, and the application on the franchise and business plans
- Proactively support the sales force through ongoing communications of product plans, as well as through development and implementation of effective selling materials
- Conduct routine field travel with the sales force, participate in market research and patient immersions to better understand market drivers and dynamics
- Lead peer-peer educational strategy and tactical development to support the brand.
- Lead brand initiatives to support convention presence and determine strategic alignment of sponsorships
- Manage internal/external networks, consultants, and agency partners
- Perform budget tracking and milestone management
**This role can sit out of AbbVie's Lake County, IL or Madison, NJ office
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of pharmaceutical/ biotechnology or other equivalent (relevant) experience
- 2-3 years of marketing experience
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including excellence in power point presentation building.
- Proficiency in core marketing capabilities such as creative development, value proposition, positioning, segmentation, investment optimization, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization to drive alignment to brand objectives
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.