Field Tools Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Field Tools Manager on the Field Operations team will report to the Associate Director of Field Tools for and support/lead the execution of key field sales reporting tools. This role will aid in facilitating and leading the collaboration efforts needed for the successful deployment and maintenance of all field facing reporting solutions. This role will also be responsible for managing the support team and execute appropriate communications to our field sales colleagues, as well as home office employees, along with continuously contributing creative ideas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and coordinates the collaboration efforts needed from cross functional teams to assist in deployment and maintenance post launch of field sales reporting tool 1view
- Manages follow-ups and adherence to agreements, monitors key milestones and changes to project plans and other initiatives.
- Manages the delivery of key field tool communications for projects and key initiatives relating to our sales forces (newsletters, presentations, website content, etc.)
- Coordinates cross franchise best practice sharing in the execution of key tool reporting system enhancements and changes
- Provides different/unique ideas to the table to address business issues and ways to enhance dashboard capabilities and new solutions
- Accountable for delivering high-quality results, including representing collective opinion of collaborative efforts to build new solutions
- Accountable for the periodic refreshing, prioritization and deployment of tool solutions for maintenance dashboards
- Manages tool support resources priorities and work efforts, with collaboration from the FFE Field Tools Managers and MABI Analytics Senior Managers.
- 4-6 years analytics experience, leading collaboration and project management experience required
- 3 plus years analytical and/or Commercial operations experience required, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science, Business Administration, MIS, Statistics, and/or Economics) required
- Strong problem-solving orientation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to learn and understand complex data assets and business requirements
- Effective coordination of data and teams needed to build solutions
- Strong dashboard design/development
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Strong communicator – ability to translate ideas into presentation storylines
- Ability to execute solid and creative written and verbal communications
- Ability to work cross-functionally, in a matrix environment, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders (verticals, COE, brand teams)
- Self-starter with strong focus on internal and external customers and operations
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities; Can prioritize work effectively
- Challenges the thinking of oneself, others and the traditional ways of doing things in order to drive towards better solutions
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies and further integrate data to better serve business needs
- Helps the team achieve shared goals
- Actively gains agreement from others to support ideas
- Demonstrates willingness to listen without interrupting
- Seeks out diverse and different ideas and fosters collaborative team environment
- Seeks, uses, and builds upon ideas of others – encourages open exchange
- Familiar with national pharmaceutical data sources.
- Advanced skill-set for Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing transition from project closure to operational support
- Experience managing offshore resources
- Experience developing and delivering solution training
- Proven record to deliver insights in addition to data.
- Effective and clear communication style due to a broad client base.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and flexibility to address changing needs of the business.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.