Associate Director, Medical Systems Excellence - Business Systems Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director of Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Business Systems Operations will partner with BTS and the Business to drive global, complex, cross-functional technology projects that support Medical Affairs strategic objectives. The role will bring subject matter expertise and strategic support for the implementation of process improvement initiatives. Requires frequent interaction with Sr. Leadership and functional management to provide overall system health summaries, including defect management, user adoption, and enhancement/release planning.
- Work with leadership and teams to identify business technology opportunities; manage stakeholder expectations and scope of projects.
- Define business requirements for medium/large complex technology deployments and work with BTS to translate requirements into appropriate technology solutions.
- Effectively manage (Global and Affiliate) system design/updates, usability, and enhancements, through requirements evaluation, comprehensive testing, as well as then problem solving or troubleshooting when system is live.
- Support In-Field Team Effectiveness initiatives by connecting technologies to deliver business insights and inform decision-making (i.e. GMIS integration with various CRM solutions).
- Manage and expand functionality and value of HCP portal(s) to enable complete user experience.
- Provide end user technical support for critical systems (i.e. GMIS) and train business resources to effectively onboard new users.
- Maintain a global perspective and a focus on solutions that are easy to access and use, optimizing the employee experience with technology.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems (e.g., Veeva CRM, Vault MedComms, Service Cloud) and alignment to existing business processes. Effectively represent organization in broader GMA and R & D technology discussions and decisions.
- Remain current in GMA related regulations, AbbVie policies, and new regulations affecting GMA. Accountable for ensuring compliance principles/issues (i.e. data privacy) are managed with cross-functional partners (legal, OEC, etc.) and are built into Medical Affairs systems.
- Present updates to the GMA leadership team on system-related key performance indicators and technology optimization success.
Requirements/Qualifications: List required and/or preferred qualification including education, skills, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business field required. Advanced degree or extensive experience in operations and/or performance (commercial/customer) excellence is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management or business transformation role, business technology support or technology implementation role, preferably in Medical Affairs.
- Supervisory/leadership experience managing people or multiple projects. Experience in leading in a multi-task environment as well as in a virtual and matrix organization.
- Operations experience working in a complex and matrix organization.
- Fluent business acumen related to Medical Information, Adverse Events, and Product Complaints.
- Excellent leadership, self-management, relationship building and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed; financial acumen competence.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated ability to lead multi-divisional and multi-functional teams with global aspects.
- Demonstrated ability to set and execute on strategies with global and cross-functional and departmental impact.
- Ability to think strategically and translate a strategy to an innovative and implementable plan.
- Must have proven experience in situations of conflict resolution, problem solving and crisis management.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.