We are extremely passionate about two things: our talented team of Cardeans and our bold vision of having “Powered by Cardea” products and applications impact and transform our lives from human health, agriculture, food and water safety, diagnostics, biosafety to the environment.
We are linking computers directly up to the live signals of biology for the very first time by building a Tech+Bio Infrastructure with chipsets based on our proprietary Biology-gated Transistors, or Cardean Transistors™. These electronic transistors leverage graphene, a nanomaterial that in contrast to the common semiconductor material silicon, is biocompatible and acts as a near perfect conductor. The result is a powerful paradigm-shift in life science, replacing optical “single snapshot” observations with electronic systems that can capture interactive live-streams of multi-omics signal analysis in real-time. Together, with our Innovation Partners, our technology enables the translation of real-time biological signals into digital information to provide immediate biological insight.
We are rapidly growing and looking for talented people who are self-driven, enjoy wearing many hats, and thrive in a collaborative environment. Join us in building a new generation of natural resources and applications that can Link up to Life™. "
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in manufacturing and a familiarity with basic laboratory procedures. Attention to detail and the ability to author detailed reports are key to a successful candidate. We are looking for someone who has the dedication and focus to perform their tasks consistently, accurately, and with reproducible results. The candidate will report to the Chief Entrepreneur and will focus on production, inventory management, process improvement and quality control activities.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Be fully responsible for all internal Production related tasks and processes
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the process and lead projects designed to implement those improvements
- Prepare reagents and perform production related tasks per established Work Instructions
- Perform QA and QC to test products for functionality and quality. Measure and record data associated with QA and QC
- Performing work order processing to complete products to inventory
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventories, or productivity reports as needed
- Use laboratory tools and skills to measure and quantify materials
- Provide production, progress, changeover reports, or data analysis reports to supervisors
- Identify problems, safety concerns and suggest improvements
- Collect hazardous or non-hazardous waste in correctly labeled barrels or other containers and transfer them to collection areas, inform Lab manager when these containers are near full
- Perform bench processes to complete mechanical, electrical, and optical assemblies using hand and electronic equipment
- Receive, pack, and ship items as necessary
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Process or similar engineering degree required. Masters level is preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of manufacturing experience is required
- Has experience with laboratory equipment including scales, pipettes, microscopes, pumps, ovens, and gas cylinders
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with a closely within a team as well as be able to interact with diverse members of the company at large
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Onsite at Cardea’s San Diego location