Senior Buyer, Supply Chain
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated buyer to support raw material management at Fates manufacturing and R&D facilities. The successful candidate will ensure material availability to support Fates clinical, commercial, and R&D Operations, for all products and therapeutic areas. This person will manage inventory levels, support material/product level revisions and enrollment, interact with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required. Fates development programs involve novel cell therapeutic products which present unique product manufacturing and quality opportunities. Cell therapy manufacturing knowledge and familiarity with the pertinent regulations and how they apply to this field is desired. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Source, negotiate, procure, and generate purchase orders and contracts of raw materials and consumables to support cGMP and R&D operations.
- Oversee on-time delivery of GMP raw materials & consumables to meet target dates and adequate supply of materials necessary for GMP production and R&D activities. Follow-up and expedite pending orders when required to meet deadlines.
- Monitor supplier performance to promptly resolve delivery and/or material issues. Escalate issues to affected departments so that impact assessments can be promptly.
- Develop material status report to monitor demand, lead time patterns, purchasing trends, and material availability issues.
- Develop RFPs to evaluate suppliers and document competitive bidding and quality.
- Liaise with external parties (suppliers, distributors) and internal parties (Procurement, Legal, Materials Management, Manufacturing, QA, QC, Accounting, and Facilities) to ensure orders and deliveries are communicated and executed as planned.
- Lead cost saving initiatives to strengthen procedures and inventory management.
- Identify alternate suppliers/materials and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, qualify and implement the new supplier and/or item following Fates Quality Systems.
- Lead visits and evaluate Suppliers ability to meet Fates quality, timeliness, and procedural goals.
- Maintain supplier contacts, quotes, agreements, and pricing to ensure accurate information for finance, manual reports, and ERP systems.
- Develop and track suppliers KPI scorecards/matrix and reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Life Sciences, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in material sourcing, planning, inventory management, procurement, or related position in a biologics/pharmaceutical cGMP manufacturing environment.
- ERP system experience preferred.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask with flexibility to adjust workload to meet a dynamic and fast pace environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn new applications.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Onsite work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Evening and weekend work as necessary
- May need to work with hazardous materials
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com