Senior Research Associate / Research Associate III, Process Development
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, conscientious, and talented cell biologist to support the companys process development group, pursuing the derivation of natural killer (NK) and T cells from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) for use in cell therapy applications. The successful candidate will support experiments involving iPSC maintenance and expansion, in vitro differentiation of iPSCs towards the hematopoietic lineages, and further differentiation and expansion of NK and T cells. Candidates must have cell culture experience; knowledge of stem cell biology, particularly iPSCs, the hematopoietic system, and immunology is preferred. This position will require independent research and coordination with the process development group. This is a full-time position reporting to a Scientist, Process Development, and requires dedicated weekend hours located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Perform assessment of cell cultures, maintenance of iPSCs, hematopoietic differentiations, and NK and T cell differentiations
- Expansion and seeding of feeder cells
- Reagent management and aseptic preparation of reagent stocks including media, cytokines, & small molecules
- Detailed record-keeping of all activities in accordance with good documentation practices
- Communication of culture assessments, results, and reagent inventories in a timely manner to relevant team members
- B.S. / M.S. with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in mammalian cell culture; pluripotent stem cells preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Meticulous record-keeping skills and excellent communication skills are a must
- Working knowledge of stem cell biology, immune system and/or developmental hematopoiesis is preferred
- Prior experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Prior industrial cGMP experience and/or process development experience is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Dedicated weekend work (8 hours, Saturday or Sunday) will be required with one dedicated day off during the work-week.
- Will require working with cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.