Research Associate (Next-Gen Sequencing)
We are currently searching for a Research Associate (Next-Gen Sequencing) to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate libraries from lymphocyte populations for next-generation sequencing applications such as scRNAseq and 10x Genomics.
- Perform Illumina sequencing protocols including single cell analyses.
- Perform analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets using bioinformatic pipelines.
- Contribute to the development of new single-cell next-generation sequencing analyses and workflows.
- Establish and optimize flow cytometry panels for flow sorting immune populations of interest.
- Isolate and stain lymphocytes from blood or tissue.
- Participate in project and laboratory meetings.
- Locate and review literature pertinent to projects and to identify/modify the most applicable protocols and methods for experiments.
- Trouble shoot assays and adjust scientific methodology to correct problems or deficiencies in a research project, experiment, or trial.
- Perform common laboratory duties such as reagent ordering, instrument care and inventory maintenance.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records to ensure proper retention of scientific data.
- Develop and maintain collegial, collaborative relationships with colleagues in the research groups.
- Master’s degree with relevant experience or bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences, or a related discipline with 3-4 years of specialized experience.
- Minimum of three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with generating libraries for single-cell next-generation sequencing assays such as scRNA-Seq and 10x Genomics.
- Experience with implementing bioinformatic data pipelines for analysis of next-generation sequencing datasets.
- Familiarity with shell scripting, common command-line tools and R.
- Experience with analysis of 10x Genomics data with R package Seurat preferred.
- Some knowledge of viral and vaccine immunology is preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines and ethics that govern research.
- Demonstrates knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.