Software Test Automation Engineer
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX® System will be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned commercial application.
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Software Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for specifying and developing test automation software to test different subsystem of the device. The individual will design and implement software or scripts for converting existing manual protocol to run in automated manner, also help to build continuous testing infrastructure as part of testing framework. S/he will have a strong background in software design and test methodologies and has done development on QNX, Linux or Similar OS. The person will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the scope of test automation and develop and document test protocols for automated test cases.
- Document the test plans, test designs and test strategies. Selecting and using the right tool for automation.
- Responsible for setting up the test environment and automating and executing the development of the test script.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test cases, Test Stubs and Drives and other Development test objects.
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify, document encountered defects and maintain records for later analysis.
- Work closely with the Software Development Team to plan, schedule, and improve development test processes.
- Test medical devices and equipment in an FDA regulated environment.
- Help in performing validation and verification testing.
- Perform functional testing, ensure all systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality products.
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to testing automation, deployments, performance, and regression testing.
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture and analysis in area of domain expertise.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in definition, integration, verification, and validation of products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Understand the company’s quality policy and quality system requirements applicable to tasks.
- Comply with company policies/procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electrical engineering or a related field and 5+ years of software development or test experience; or Master’s degree in computer science, Electrical engineering or a related field with 3+ year of experience.
- Experience working in a Medical Device or any regulated industry.
- Experience in developing test framework and scripting applications using python on BSD or Linux operating systems using x86 and Arm CPU platforms.
- Experience in developing software solutions with Python.
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support).
- 3+ years developing and executing automated software test suites using commercially available or custom generated testing tools.
- Experience with Linux, QNX or similar OS.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Shell / Bash, Python, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, TFS, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with test, and issue tracking (e.g. Jira).
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products.
- Good communication skills, including experience writing technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to identify the root cause of moderate to complex software issues and some systems issues using appropriate debug and analysis tools.
- Ability to escalate and articulate/summarize encountered technical software issues to project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment with other engineers, developers and end users with minimal supervision and ensure understanding and validation of business requirements.
- Ability to learn and put into practice the good engineering development process, including FDA Guidance on Software Design and Development.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with some direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time. Overnight and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.