Scientific Program Manager
We are currently searching for a Scientific Program Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the Translational Research Group, specifically;
- Activities with partner clinical sites, academic sites, industry partners, and NIH investigators/Program Heads.
- Manage and keep track of research activities with program.
- Coordinate activities and input in regular meetings with Translational group, team lead and Directors.
- Coordinate global antigen testing panels for program with partner sites and industry stakeholders.
- Draft and facilitate establishment of appropriate research agreements.
- Lead and coordinate internal Translational Research Group team meetings.
- Review pandemic preparedness literature and distribute relevant manuscripts and information internally and externally.
- Assist in gathering data and writing manuscripts.
- Perform administrative duties as needed, including updating annual reviews.
- Prepare budget proposals for E laboratory research in collaboration with senior budget team.
- Liaising between program and other internal and external groups.
- Represent the program in project-team meetings.
- Liaise with partners for working groups
- Represent the Laboratory group in external meetings on behalf of Chief.
- Assist in preparation of clinical sections of regulatory documents for clinical studies.
- Represent team in external collaborator meetings.
- Liaise with global partner clinical sites and testing team.
- Communicate with Lay and Scientific Audiences.
- Prepare presentations including information for research group.
- Represent the laboratory team at external meetings.
- Assist in preparing, answering, and clearing requests from external stakeholders.
- Participate in publication of manuscripts with internal and external partners and stakeholders when appropriate.
- Doctoral degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline, with two (2) years of postdoc experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with managing research activities.
- Experience with research budgeting.
- Some knowledge of viral and vaccine immunology.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines and ethics that govern research.
- Demonstrates knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.