We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow approved SOPs to complete specimen processing of clinical blood samples in an organized, aseptic, high-throughput manner.
- Accept and sign chain of custody requests for clinical samples sent to and from the NIH Clinic and extramural collaborators following regulatory and protocol requirements.
- Prepare shipments with appropriate labeling and temperature requirements.
- Adjust quickly to changes in schedule as clinical trial volunteers blood draw time or date changes.
- Perform specimen processing using aseptic techniques according to protocol.
- Follow GCLP guidelines and maintain records for each specimen processed.
- Register samples in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and place and/or remove specimens from appropriate biorepository freezers.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory.
- Work collaboratively with team members to complete all tasks for the day, but also be accountable as an individual for personal tasks.
- Utilize various laboratory equipment such as Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC), centrifuge, pipettes, liquid nitrogen tank, and others.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance as needed.
- Competence in LIMS including entering samples, editing aliquot numbers, creating pull lists, labeling, and checking samples out.
- Work with dry ice, freezers, and liquid nitrogen tanks to store clinical samples, while always wearing appropriate PPE.
- Write and revise SOPs within electronic database.
- B.S. degree, with at least one (1) year of experience in a BSL-2 laboratory
- IT skills such that candidate knows or can quickly learn to utilize LIMS, EDMS, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ideal, but not required: experience in a GCLP environment and IATA infectious substance A and B shipping certification.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.