Senior/Lead Java Software Developer Full Time
Medical Science & Computing, (MSC), a Dovel Company, is seeking a skilled Senior/Lead Java Software Developer to join our team (full time) supporting our client at the National Institutes of Health, (NIH), in Bethesda, MD (when it is safe to return to campus).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based/data-driven web and standalone applications;
- Design, develop, install, configure, and maintain the client’s internet, intranet, grant management, bioinformatics and web-based applications;
- Collaborate with the team members on requirements analysis, design, configuration, change and risk management, documentation, planning, accessibility remediation and compliance, and security and quality assurance;
- Prepare documentation and provide end-user training and support as necessary;
- Establish productive working relationships and maintain effective communications with teammates and end-users.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience with Java language
- Strong knowledge of Java language and related technologies/frameworks
- Knowledge/experience with AWS
- Active/direct experience with data handling and programming
- Technical lead ability or experience
- Mongo DB
- Knowledge and expertise in the following program languages/technologies: XML, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Maven, JUnit, Spring, Web Service, Bootstrap, WSDL, SOAP, XML, REST, AngularJS, JQuery
- Prior experience working at the National Institutes of Health;
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.