Analyst II/III, QC (Chemistry)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Primary responsibilities for this position include performing tasks associated with USP/EP Compendia for GMP release of raw materials and drug product. The analyst will be responsible for ensuring that Seqirus samples are tested according to quality requirements, and results reported are valid, accurate, and documented per applicable regulatory and corporate requirements. Analyst may be required to perform or participate in tasks associated with method validation and transfers.
- This position follows the M-F/8hr shift.
- Level will be selected based on years of experience.
- Performs USP/EP bench chemistry testing for QC samples
- Performs GMP testing and associated tasks without errors per applicable SOPs and protocols
- Complies with policies and procedures in order to maintain compliance with legal regulations, health and safety, and regulatory requirements as written
- Participates in lean lab operation, 6S laboratory layout, preventive action & continuous improvement programs to reduce operating costs
- Participates and performs in cross-training to support staff availability within QC department
- Develops expertise in assigned assays/techniques
- May be required to perform shift work as required to support operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific discipline is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience or equivalent is required. 5 years preferred.
- Experience with GMPs, safety regulations, and data integrity.
- Experience with analytical methods and related instrumentation.
- GLIMS LabWare experience is preferred.
- Experience testing with USP and EP Compendia preferred
- Other technical competencies: UV, Karl Fischer, Titrations, USP 788, Melting Range, FTIR, RAMAN, Vapor Osmo, Freezing Point Osmo, Specific Rotation, pH, conductivity, Particle Size, Particle Count, Gravimetric, Bench Chemistry based on USP/EP compendial raw material testing