(Senior) Manager - Downstream Process Characterization
Regeneron is seeking a new Sr. Manager of Downstream Process Characterization in the Process Sciences Department of our Industrial Operations and Product Supply (IOPS) Organization in
Rensselaer, NY. The successful candidate will lead Regeneron’s laboratory-scale downstream process characterization team. This team establishes qualified laboratory scale models of Regeneron’s manufacturing processes and applies these models to define acceptable ranges for a variety of operational parameters. This work contributes process knowledge to the overall manufacturing system, regulatory filings, and the deviation management system. Candidates should possess a strong background in bioprocessing, excel at leading people, and have a demonstrated history of cross-functional internal and external collaboration.
As a Sr. Manager in Process Sciences, a typical day might include the following:
· Guiding the development of robust laboratory-scale models and process understanding to prevent and resolve manufacturing challenges and feedback on process development
· Coaching and mentoring your team to inspire professional growth and quality results for
Regeneron with an emphasis on employee engagement
· Collaborating with scientific partner groups to understand / communicate business needs and steer the downstream process characterization team to achieve the greatest impact
· Staying current with bioprocessing industry process characterization and technology trends
· Developing and implementing best in class technologies
This role might be for you if you enjoy:
· Working in a fast-paced biopharmaceutical laboratory environment making medicines addressing serious diseases
· Thinking strategically and adopting good ideas from all sources, then directing and supporting others to achieve those strategic goals
· Leading with Science – you’ll inspire and empower a team of subject matter experts to address new and existing scientific challenges with cutting-edge experimental and analytical approaches.
· Taking on big ideas, making it happen, being great together, and doing what’s right – acting with
integrity and empathy along the way, because it’s not just what you do, but also how you do it that matters
To be considered for the Sr. Manager, Process Sciences position you must have a BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related life sciences/ engineering field, with 8+ years of relevant experience; A Manager level requires 7+ years of relevant experience. Higher degrees preferred, and will be considered in lieu of experience. You must have deep expertise in Downstream bioprocessing and familiarity with the overall biopharmaceutical manufacturing process. A deep understanding of statistical methods and statistical process control and direct people leadership experience is also required. Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and competitive total compensation packages including generous long term incentives!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.