Principal Scientist Medicinal Chemistry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Principal Scientist Medicinal ChemistryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will part of an innovative Medicinal Chemistry group, with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds for potential clinical drug development, including opportunity to work within Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP), which is focused on novel and innovative approaches to modulate intractable targets in diseases using the emerging PROTAC modality.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a large medicinal chemistry or diverse functional team of research scientists and associates within a collaborative environment.
- Responsible for providing motivating professional development guidance and/or coaching of colleagues within his/her group, as well as others.
- Independently devise and implement creative scientific strategies to address complex drug discovery issues through direct reports and a larger team
- Determine team direction to advance programs, regularly communicate progress and strategy in various forums.
- Serve as a scientific resource to the department and broader organization who will champion new technologies/ideas to enhance capabilities and train future leaders in medicinal chemistry.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an emerging leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 3 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- M.S degree with and 6 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- B.S degree with and 8 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience
- Doctorate degree in chemistry specializing in organic chemistry and 10+ years of experience in synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry
- Experience leading medicinal chemistry teams/programs and delivering candidates for clinical development
- Extensive track record of consistent and successful drug discovery accomplishments (e.g. patent inventorship, conference presentations, and peer-reviewed publications)
- Deep understanding of drug discovery and relevant drug discovery disciplines (e.g. chemistry, biology, safety, PKDM, etc.)
- Expert in modern medicinal and synthetic chemistry approaches to enable others
- Demonstrated experience managing several direct reports
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (both written and oral)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.