Director, Medical Information and Scientific Content
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy.
We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Medical Information and Scientific Content. The position reports to the Executive Director, Medical Communications and Operations. The location of the position is either in the San Francisco Bay Area (Brisbane, CA) or remote (within the United States). Fully remote work arrangements will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.Summary Description
The Director, Medical Information and Scientific Content will work on a high-performing team responsible for Medical Information and Communications, Medical Review activities and Medical Operations across the portfolio (Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer) for Myovant Sciences. This is a key individual position within the Medical Communications and Medical Operations team that will ensure professional standing and integrity with patients, healthcare professionals and the pharmaceutical industry through high-quality and aligned medical information and communication.
The team member in this position will be accountable for aligning, implementing, and integrating Medical Information systems, tools, technologies, and processes for Medical Information from an operations perspective, including management and oversight of the call center, standard response documents, custom response documents, and provide support the Medical/ Regulatory/ Legal promotional review processes within Myovant. The successful candidate will also develop and maintain medical and scientific content to be used for internal training and external field medical resources using evidence and data from our Scientific Communications team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and support Medical Communications function(s) as part of the Medical Information’s team so that they are aligned with key scientific communication activities and deliverables and broader scientific organizational goals for Myovant products.
- Provide expert input into the Medical Communications operational and digital strategy to develop and implement the complete and timely responses to medical inquiries in the areas of Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer.
- Supervise current professional staff members and contracted vendors managing Medical Information support and call center systems.
- Responsible for general administration of Medical Information activities, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures, documentation of medical inquiry metrics.
- Collaborate with internal and Alliance business partners to ensure cross-functional medical alignment with the Scientific Communications team, Field Medical team, Medical Information, Medical Strategy team, HEOR team, Medical Managed Markets team on the development and use of scientific content for men’s and women’s health therapeutic areas, to be used reactively with HCPs that help fulfill knowledge gaps.
- Create, update and/or review scientific content on Myovant products to ensure complex scientific content is summarized in a concise, simple, and balanced manner utilizing the highest level of evidence, with critical evaluation of the data and literature.
- Develop and implement cross functional training and education needs utilizing adult learning principles, while monitoring the effectiveness for fit-for-purpose training plans.
- Define and develop appropriate Medical Information and Training processes, standards, and policies as needed.
- Support the management and digital maintenance of the Myovant Scientific Communications and Alliance deliverables.
- Able to assist the Executive Director with urgent Medical Information and Scientific Content projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of medical and scientific review of medical affairs materials and, if required, promotional materials to support the non-promotional and promotional review processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Ability to conduct strategic assessment (gap analysis) of medical information needs within therapeutic areas and develop fulfillment strategies.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining productive internal, external, and Alliance relationships.
- Customer service-oriented attitude to HCP’s and patients.
- Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with specific tasks or assignments.
- Ability to apply knowledge of US healthcare environment and FDA, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements as it applies to work deliverables.
- Proficiency and experience with business technologies and communications platforms including but not limited to: Microsoft products, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams), DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat DC, Veeva Vault, Zoom, WebEx, CONCUR, and SAP.
- Effective time management and organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, deliver an excellent work product, while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong skills regarding literature searching, interpretation, and communication of complex medical, pharmacological, and scientific data to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging.
- The qualified candidate should have an advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, DO, MD or equivalent) in a scientific discipline (preferred).
- Minimum of 6+ years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting including 3+ years of medical information and review experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior people management or leadership experience within Medical Communications, Medical Information, Scientific Training or Medical Operations is a strong plus.
- Therapeutic experience in Women’s Health (Endometriosis or Uterine Fibroids) or Oncology (Prostate Cancer) strongly preferred.
- Collaborative work, management, and budget experience with Alliance partnerships desired.
- Prior experience with the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
- Experience in business planning, including development of budgets and adherence to performance targets.
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment
- When required and public health conditions permit, must have flexibility to travel by air or automobile within the United States, to attend Myovant business meetings, customer meetings, and key congresses and scientific meetings to include interactions with healthcare practitioners, with overnight stays possible.
- Ability to work (type) on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Regularly required to look at computer screen or laptop screens for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and lift 20 pounds.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity