Manager, Submission and Analysis (GMX)
This role will be based in Pfizer’s Enabling Function Hub in Tampa, Florida. Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs serve to bring internal professional services such as Finance, HR, Digital, and Sourcing together into a consolidated and simplified shared services structure. Colleagues in the Enabling Functions Hubs execute end-to-end operational activities that can be standardized and scaled for greater enterprise synergies and effectiveness. The work managed from these hubs will evolve and expand over time as Enabling Functions continue to evaluate their go-forward delivery model. With an established community and evolving support model, Pfizer’s Enabling Functions Hubs are dynamic and energizing places to work. Colleagues with diverse capabilities across multiple functions are co-located to facilitate greater colleague collaboration, new ways of working, and enhanced simplification through more integrated end-to-end solutions.
The Controllers organization provides financial information for Pfizer Inc. to management, shareholders, and regulators. As part of the Core Operations department of Controllers, the Global Mark-Up Exchange (GMX) group provides an integrated cost, intercompany transfer price, inventory, and markup system. The GMX team and process provides management with data used for both internal and external financial reporting through extensive collaboration with business partners to ensure intercompany commerce is not disrupted.
On a monthly basis, the GMX team is responsible for managing data submissions (Intercompany Sales, Intercompany Cost of Sales, Intercompany Profit and Inventory) and detailed analysis of the P&L (primarily cost of goods sold) and balance sheet (inventory and global intercompany profit reserve).
The Manager position within the GMX Team is responsible for the leadership and participation in a variety of areas impacting the GMX monthly close process including data submissions, detailed P&L and Balance Sheet analysis and financial reporting. In addition, the individual in this role will interact with affiliates worldwide as well as business finance on reporting requirements, key processes, and system/reporting capabilities.
The GMX Team frequently partners with Finance and Business Technology colleagues worldwide in executing process enhancements in order to streamline the GMX monthly close process and reporting/analytics that are required by business leadership. Overall, an excellent opportunity to develop skills with Pfizer’s financial reporting systems (SAP, SAP-BI, HFM) and obtain knowledge of key intercompany financial processes and interact with other members of business and corporate finance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage geographically-based Legal Entities in supporting the regional data submission (Earn In, Earn Out, Inventory) and analysis of Cost of Sales and mark up reserve (per established GMX Team SOPs) required to ensure accuracy in both external and internal financial reporting for Pfizer
- Provides guidance and expertise to the regional organization on markup accounting related issues in conjunction with ongoing business activities (tax strategies, legal entity mergers, acquisitions/divestitures)
- Designs and implements standard analytics to provide greater understanding of Cost of Sales/Inventory movement and review with Senior Management as part of review of financial results
- Understand transfer pricing and standard cost development processes at Pfizer and partner with regional representatives from Tax and Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) organizations in order to maintain or adapt GMX processes as necessary.
- Responsibility for providing business support with respect to GMX system/data cubes, identifying system enhancements and partnering with BT colleagues on the testing, documentation and implementation of system updates.
- Participate in the development and execution of ongoing training required on the GMX system/process.
- Establish effective relationships and maintain constant interaction with ERP Teams to proactively address issues, ensure alignment and/or enhance system interdependencies between the GMX system and SAP ECC
- Support coordination of monthly maintenance (Price, Cost) and submission (Inventory) activities with members of GMX Team responsible for Earn In and Earn Out submissions and analysis to ensure alignment of all activities and deadlines
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with regional Global Business Services (GBS), PGS, Market, Commercial Finance and Consolidation Services teams and other external business units to ensure efficiency in end-to-end markup reporting processes and accurate presentation of consolidated financial data
- Provide support for key projects leveraging strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and implement best practices
- Implements Pfizer Accounting Policies and Procedures and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles with direction from the Corporate Controller.
- Under guidance of Sr. Manager, GMX Team, execute strategies to ensure the ongoing development of bench-strength and internal knowledge of GMX and markup-related processes
- Executes monthly performance management processes routinely with regional stakeholder group to ensure level of interaction and service delivery is meeting expectations and improvement opportunities are identified regularly
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial reporting capacity within a large multi-national company
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial systems/processes, controls, and ability to translate strategies into financial concepts; knowledge of SAP, HFM, and Essbase strongly desired
- Big 4 auditing experience a plus
- Knowledge of markup-related processes, requirements and impacts is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Intercompany Accounting Policies and Procedures is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in US GAAP; good working knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in leading significant change and in continuous process improvement is critical. Ability to be flexible and adapt approaches to the situation.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to partner, lead and influence others without having a direct reporting relationship
- Able to clearly communicate complex financial and process-related information to key stakeholders (including executive level) both written or orally. Communications skills include the ability to listen to, and appreciate stakeholder concerns and understand issues.
- Demonstrated success and commitment to the ongoing development of talent including active coaching and mentoring of key colleagues
- Ability to act decisively and seize accountability and be change agile.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Infrequent travel may be required to other Pfizer campuses for meetings with stakeholders.
- Periodic meetings outside of typical working hours may be required due to the global nature of the role.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Finance & Accounting#LI-PFE