Senior Associate Scientist, Comparative Medicine
What You Will Achieve
This role will be responsible for providing and overseeing direct technical support for projects within Comparative Medicine (CM) and in support of partners in Research and Development. This position will be responsible for organizing and delivering study support necessary to complete studies involving animal models. Person will mentor other colleagues in the efficient conduct of techniques, scientific study operations, and contribute significantly to the advancement of 3Rs. All responsibilities are performed in compliance with applicable local and/or global regulatory standards. This position requires minimal supervision.
How You Will Achieve It
- Study oversight - manages day to day operations of assigned research studies conducted within the department.
- Achieve study objectives and ensure team effectiveness, including defining best practices and developing process advancements.
- Supports project teams in Research and Development by performing technical procedures in the conduct of experiments and protocols and by collecting, recording, and exporting data in the delivery of studies.
- Mentors colleagues in the efficient conduct of technical procedures, always seeking to refine or develop new procedures to advance our performance.
- Interacts with the key in-vivo contacts in project teams to understand their needs, engaging them in a flexible and constructive manner, defining best practice and developing process improvements.
- Takes basic workplace problems in stride, identifying and solving more complex issues before they create an impact.
- Assists with the approving and scheduling of requests for study support.
- Sets a workplace standard through leading by example, showing mastery of all SOP's, regulatory guidelines and Pfizer policies. Exemplify work-place standards, positive habits and behaviors to co-workers.
- Utilizes technology confidently and seeks innovative improvement opportunities.
- Contributes to operational excellence by collecting metrics that show efficient delivery of technical support across project teams and globally within CM.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with regulatory and organizational standards.
- BS/BA required
- 3-4 years of related work experience
- In vivo skills including injections and/or blood collection
- Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendar management and Internet Explorer
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting
- AALAS certification
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform repetitive physical activities (e.g., dosing, pipetting, lifting)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May have to work weekends on regular occasion; may have to work one weekend day as part of standard schedule
- May be required to work under one of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply: October 25th, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development