Technical Assistant, Animal Care
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As part of the Animal Care Research & Development team, you will be relied on to take care of the animals used in research and development studies. You will also be responsible for maintaining inventory and animal identification records.
You will have a good understanding of Pfizer's procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. Your decision making will help you prioritize workflows based on the available resources. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks and contribute to the team’s success by sharing your previously acquired knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Manage own time professional development, is accountable for own results and prioritizes own workflow.
- Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed.
- Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium.
- Provide support in animal health monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by Veterinary staff.
- Perform minor maintenance on cages such as removing small dents, lubricates, replaces casters and/or wheels, replaces damaged water system parts, prepares drinking tubes and other duties of similar complexity.
- Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance.
- Required to work with all species across the site with assignment based on business need.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a laboratory animal setting
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities.
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge, such as email, online forms, web-based training and other basic programs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as: pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping and bending. A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
- This is a first shift role and the available schedules are: Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday. The assigned schedule will be determined along with the business once the candidate is hired.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply: October 18th, 2021.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development