Scientist I, Biologics Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Abbvie Biologics Generation Group (BGG) is looking for a highly motivated Scientist I with experience in protein analytical techniques used to characterize biologics discovery, such as BLI, SPR (surface plasmon resonance).
As a Scientist I, you will be responsible for the development and execution of SPR and other analytical assays used within the group to identify therapeutic molecules and to characterize their target-binding properties. The main responsibility will be to perform kinetics screening, characterization and epitope mapping assays in advancing biologics project supporting the Abbvie pipeline.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of several analytical techniques (such as Elisa, MSD, SPR) used to characterize antibodies in the drug discovery process and identify best in class biologic drugs to treat human disease and bring benefits to patients, in a variety of areas, such as immunology, oncology, neurology and virology diseases.
The candidate must have a proven track record of delivering high quality experimental data, with experience in characterizing protein-ligand and/or protein-protein interactions. Experience of automated liquid handling and tools for data capture would also be desirable. In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate individual contributions to projects and to possess strong interpersonal skills. The scientist will be expected to represent Biologics Analytics and present their data in project team meetings.
- Development and execution of high quality SPR assays to characterize, identify lead clones and advance best in class antibody therapeutics.
- Multi-tasking, running samples on multiple automated biosensor instruments. The candidate should be eager to meet aggressive timelines, to timely advance biotherapeutic discovery.
- Working closely within Biologics Analytics group to establish priorities and further develop automation capabilities.
- Proactive communication and team work not only with biologics discovery co-workers, but the ones from other functional areas, to impact science, technology and project progression.
- Implement innovative ideas and latest technology developments within the area of analytical and biophysical techniques for better understanding the biomolecular interactions between targets and potential therapeutics is strongly encouraged.
- BA, BS in Biochemistry, Biology with 5+ years of industry, biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience; or MS in Biochemistry, Biology with 2+ years of experience
- Experience in applying Surface Plasmon Resonance to biological interactions needed
- Experience with Octet, high throughput automated liquid handling, analytical assays, biotherapeutics or antibodies, would be a plus
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.