Research Associate, Plant Pathologist - Discovery Biology
GreenLight Biosciences is an integrated life sciences company developing safe and effective products that address critical problems facing plant health, human health, and animal health. Through scientific imagination and determination, we are developing products to create a future with a cleaner environment, healthier people, and a stronger food supply chain. At the core of the company’s rapid growth is a proprietary platform for higher quality RNA production at a lower cost and faster speed than has ever been possible.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate to work on application of exogenous dsRNA for fungal plant pathogen control. The successful candidate will support research in assay development and validation, and processes in the context of several milestone-driven projects. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Maintain virulent and aggressive isolates of multiple plant pathogenic fungi in pure culture
- Make media for growth of fungal cultures
- Independently plan & perform routine techniques when working with fungi such as encouragement of sporulation and quantification of spores, secondary inoculum production, inoculation of host plants, and microscopy work
- Assist with the development of high throughput screening assays for activity of novel compounds
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- Use creative problem-solving skills to independently troubleshoot experimental challenges
- Demonstrate skills in organization, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, judgement, planning and prioritizing, and recognizing cause and effect
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Contribute to technical discussions related to the development and application of GreenLight’s proprietary bioproduction technology
- S. or M.S. in plant pathology, microbiology, or closely related field
- Proficiency in microbial culturing and aseptic techniques
- Must be highly motivated with exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Experience developing in vitro and in vivo laboratory assays for screening fungicide is desirable.
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees consistent with OSHA guidelines.