Outsourcing Associate I
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This individual will assist with outsourcing for drug development programs and projects that support the Research & Early Development (RED) organization that range from early research through the post-approval phases. This individual will work with the Senior Manager of Outsourcing. The outsourcing associate collaborates with multiple functional areas outside of RED such as compliance, legal, finance, purchasing and accounts payable, and works on business operations initiatives with those functional areas.
The outsourcing associate will take ownership over many of the administrative tasks associated with outsourced projects, particularly the contracting process, while assisting with strategic management of both internal and external relationships. They will be responsible for managing outsourcing-related data.
- Contracting with external partners for scientific services, from initiation through contract execution, PO issuance, and project start.
- Tracking of all outsourced projects, both through the contracting process and post-contracting project status.
- Track supplier cost and performance.
- Keep the outsourcing database clean by using good data practices.
- Work cross-functionally with scientists and internal business units in order to support outsourcing initiatives.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
- 0-2 years of work experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research organization or equivalent with 0-1 years of outsourcing, contracting, or business operations experience.
- Experience with data management/tracking; experience with contracting data or financial data is a plus.
- Previous experience working with CROs, scientists, and business development contacts is a plus.
- Experience with contracting/legal documents is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with an understanding of the importance of accuracy and precision for contracting and tracking.
- Strong scientific background, with a basic understanding of the scientific activities that occur in pharmaceutical research and development.
- Understanding of good data practices.
- Strong interpersonal, active listening, and relationship management skills.
- Professional business verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented; seeks collaboration.
- Skilled in managing multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
- General knowledge of drug development and working in a regulated environment.
- Comfortable with common and specialized computer software applications and technology solutions (eg, MS Office suite, Sharepoint Online, Power BI).
Minimum/Required: Bachelor’s (BS/BA) in Biological Sciences or closely related field of study.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.