Director, Sales Incentive Compensation
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin operates a global sales force deployed across our different regions. The Director, Sales Incentive Compensation leads the global incentive compensation function at BioMarin. The role is responsible for the full range of incentive compensation related activities, including being a strategic partner to our business teams, developing the incentive compensation plans (together with our commercial leadership), operation of the compensation plans throughout the year. In addition, there is a strong emphasis on managing the continued development and evolution of the function, including automation, system support and strategy work. This role is part of the global commercial operations team.
Demonstrated strategic, operational, organizational, problem solving, communications, and project management skills are required. Strong results orientation and a sense of urgency to get things done with a team spirit are critical. This professional is comfortable in a growing commercial organization, and embraces the “DIAL” attributes as a guideline to success:
Decision Making – Make decisions that engender trust, fairness and responsibility to Biomarin and our patients
Influence & Collaboration – Seek the perspective of others and persuade effectively
Agility – Recover constructively from setbacks and continually learn
Leadership – Set vision and purpose while being a clear and authentic leader
- Responsible for strategic plan design. This is focused on driving BioMarin’s overall incentive compensation strategy to find the best structure supporting our growing portfolio of brands and geographies.
- Drive continued automation of the incentive compensation process. This includes designing appropriate interfaces of source data and reducing the amount of manual work and adjustments required to produce IC forecasts, payouts and reports.
- Continue to develop and enhance the incentive compensation governance framework to ensure high quality processes are designed, communicated and aligned with the overall commercial workflow
- Drive the work to implement an auditable process for all incentive compensation decision points and payouts
- Work with sales leaders across all BioMarin regions, including global management, to produce annual incentive compensation plans
- Manage and operate IC plans throughout the year and produce high quality and accurate reporting updates to management
- Oversee the coordination of quarterly estimate and payout process with finance and accounting
- Operate a well-documented governance framework for incentive compensation with agreed to sign offs and compliance checks
- Produce auditable documentation for quarterly updates
- Serve as a consultant to the commercial leadership and commercial operations team for any incentive compensation related questions and concerns
- Interact and collaborate with various business partners and stakeholders to ensure appropriate and timely coordination of incentive compensation related routine activities
- Design and manage territory assignments for the field force in partnership with field sales leadership
- Directly manage one direct report - Associate Director, Sales Incentive Compensation
- A minimum of ten years of experience in incentive compensation or related fields
- Experience with pharmaceutical sales organizations is a plus
- Expert knowledge in territory planning and alignment, sales & marketing, use of analytics tools, performance measures, and budgeting
- Track record of leadership success interacting at all levels of a matrix organization, cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience managing analyst teams
- Demonstrated success in managing large-scale cross-functional initiatives
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience using and managing SaaS based solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Concentration in finance is beneficial
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.