Clinical Scientist/Senior Clinical Scientist, Oncolytic Immunotherapy, Immuno-Oncology
Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in San Diego, California?
Are you curious, driven, collaborative, and ready to apply your training and experience in a rapidly growing startup environment?
Then Calidi Biotherapeutics is ready to welcome you to join our team!
We are looking for a passionate person to help us treat cancer in a new way. As part of the Calidi team, you’ll help move our trailblazing science ahead, to really help people with cancer be able to move forward with their lives, from big life events to everyday moments.
In this role of Clinical Scientist you will act as a clinical representative on a number of cross-functional teams responsible for the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of study data as well as planning and implementation of a new clinical study. This will require close and frequent interactions with several other functions including operations, biometrics, safety, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, and a variety of business and commercial functions.
Our top candidates will have substantial drug development and clinical trials experience to help contribute to the early-stage clinical development of treatments for solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. The position will involve being the lead clinical scientist in three upcoming trials with Calidi’s lead products NNV and SNV.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll represent clinical science in the cross functional study team and provide scientific leadership to the study team in various forums (team meetings, meetings with vendors, investigator meetings).
- You’ll review and monitor incoming data regularly to ensure accurate, clean data for clinical meetings and in preparation of database lock.
- You’ll drive the development of the study amendments (or new protocols) and consent forms.
- You’ll assist in preparation of the scientific content of regulatory documents/interactions.
- You’ll ensure GCP and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- You’ll ensure correct data interpretation including interim and final study reports before they are approved.
- You’ll have close and frequent, remote interactions with other members of the global team located in Germany.
What we’re looking for:
- Candidates who have experience working on multi-functional development teams.
- Candidates who have experience in drug development within the biopharmaceutical industry and/or prior experience in running trials in the Oncology space.
- Candidates who can evaluate, interpret and synthesize scientific data, and can verbally present and critically discuss clinical trial data in internal and external meetings.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have an advanced degree, preferably a PhD.
- Candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a biotechnology company; Immuno-Oncology field is preferred.
Our mission is to eradicate difficult-to-treat cancers through enhanced oncolytic viruses potentiated and delivered by stem cells which is a breakthrough for cancer patients. When you join Calidi, you help bring our mission closer to fruition by supporting people to live healthier, more satisfying lives. Come join our mission-driven team of talented, world-class scientists, doctors, and executives that values diversity and inclusion, trustworthiness, and producing revolutionary work.
Your work environment overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Plus, you’ll work with fun, collaborative colleagues, and we’ll take care of you with a fridge stocked full of healthy snacks.
If you live in San Diego, California and this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply. We’re looking forward to meeting you! Calidi Biotherapeutics provides a comprehensive compensation package including salary, equity, and benefits such as 3 weeks PTO, medical/dental/vision and 401(k) plan.
This position is an on-site position, located in La Jolla, California, USA, and our workplace is COVID-19 compliant. Calidi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.