Materials Management Lead, Supply Chain Operations
This position is responsible for receiving, inspecting, disposition, and stocking cGMP and non-GMP supplies for cGMP cell therapy manufacturing at CMOs and internal process development activities. The individual will be responsible for end-to-end supply planning of engineered cell product for research, pilot, and cGMP production and perform the coordination and monitoring of all cold chain shipments.
Position Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage, and execute the demand and supply planning process.
- Oversee materials management operations, including receiving, storage, shipment, inventory management, and order processing of all materials for product development and manufacturing.
- Manage cell product inventory to ensure on time supply for all pre-clinical and clinical product requirements.
- Manage demand and supply with 3rd party CMO’s and critical raw material suppliers
- Collaborate with internal CMC team and external CMO personnel to ensure effective management of raw materials supply to support in-house product development and external manufacturing operations.
- Work with electronic and paper-based inventory systems to manage/release GMP materials for production at CMOs.
- Coordinate and perform disposition of all expired materials and maintain applicable documentation.
- Perform inventory cycle count and physical count.
- Develop or modify Standard Operating Procedures for material management processes.
- Ensure that all documentation and materials transactions are completed following Good Documentation Practices.
- Support preparation of outbound shipments from CMOs.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance, and product development teams in supporting internal and external materials management operations, and resolution of issues.
- Assist efforts to resolutions of material non-conformance, deviations, or out of specification reports.
- Prepare and/or develop reports with key performance indicators to measure supply chain performance.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required
Some weekend work may be required depending on manufacturing schedules.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferable
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a regulated material management environment in biotech or life sciences.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems.
- Experience in cell therapy manufacturing is preferred.
- Must embrace positive, pro-active and “no-excuses” style of execution—must emanate ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Must be a person who enjoys new challenges in areas where prior guidance is not available.
Additional Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills with Word and Excel and other electronic manufacturing systems.
- Detail oriented team player with effective planning, organization and execution skills.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
Angiocrine is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.