Principal Scientist, DMPK
Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 1,600 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year.
At Zai (NSDAQ:ZLAB), we are working to generate optimum therapeutics for significant diseases affecting peoples throughout the world. Transforming lives of patients by identifying new and smarter ways to treat and cure disease is our mission. We bring together the best minds from all over the world to pursue our goals.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Scientist with expertise in Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics to join Zai Lab (US)’s Discovery and Preclinical team.
- The successful candidate will involve in some or all of the following activities.
- Devise and carry out bioanalytical (BA) strategies for the quantification of large molecule drug candidates and anti-drug antibodies in biological matrices
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacokinetic studies in preclinical species
- Analyze pharmacokinetic data as well as pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) data to support discovery/preclinical development projects
- Participate and contribute to discovery/preclinical development project teams
- Write documents for regulatory filings
- Be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment
- PhD degree with at least 6 years of experience in an industry setting
- Devise bioanalytical strategies for large molecule therapeutic candidates
- Expertise and experience in PK/PD analysis using Phoenix and other data analysis software, design, interpretation, simulation, and reporting to provide guidance for drug discovery and preclinical development projects
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS
- Excellent problem-solving and strong communication, data presentation, and written skills
- A strong fit with Zai Lab (US)’s culture and core values of commitment to excellence, patient-centered and collaboration. Resourceful, self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.