SRA/Scientist I/Scientist II, Antibody Discovery
Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 1,600 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year. NASDAQ: ZLAB
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a Senior Research Associate/Scientist I/Scientist II in the Antibody Discovery team. The successful candidate will contribute to our efforts for the discovery of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies from immune cells using all available means but with a strong focus on using single B cell technologies. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently to oversee and deliver on projects against a variety of targets.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA
- Execute antibody discovery campaigns to generate monoclonal antibodies using B-cell technology platforms, including animal immunizations, single B cell sorting, culturing, and functional screening.
- Evaluate serum titres, harvest spleen and lymph nodes, and perform single B cell sorting using various strategies including antigen-directed cell sort.
- Screen and characterize antibodies for binding and functional activity using ELISA, Flow cytometry, biochemical and cell-based assays, and biomolecular interaction technologies such as SPR or BLI.
- Perform small scale antibody expression and purification of antibodies.
- Explore new technologies, opportunities and automation to improve and/or streamline the antibody discovery workflow and process.
- Provide regular progress updates to the project teams and help optimize the antibody discovery workflow.
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or related field with 2-3 years industry experience; or BS with 3-5 years of industry experience with strong prior track record of success.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience in single B-cell (i.e., B cell cloning)-based antibody discovery workflows to identify novel therapeutic candidates.
- Hands-on experience with cell biology including mammalian cell culture, transfection and running functional cell-based assays is a must.
- Hands-on experience with protein-protein interaction using a variety of methods such as ELISA, Flow cytometry, Bio-Layer Interferometry (Octet) is a must.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques are highly desirable and preferred.
- Experience with automation and high throughput assay development is highly desirable.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables.
- Ability to evaluate data critically and independently.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High attention to detail and initiative, as well as energy.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent time management skills.
- Strong team player.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.