Principal Scientist, CC & DDR, Translational Medicine
Based in Menlo Park, CA since 2018, Zai Lab U.S. is focused on discovering and developing novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. We are an innovative, research-based, commercial stage company, with over 1,600 employees worldwide and a diversified and strong pipeline poised for continued growth. This is an exciting time for us as we build our R&D Drug Discovery team and advance our global pipeline, aiming to produce 1-2 global INDs per year.
At Zai (NSDAQ: ZLAB), we are working to generate optimum therapeutics for significant diseases affecting peoples throughout the world. Transforming lives of patients by identifying new and smarter ways to treat and cure disease is our mission. We bring together the best minds from all over the world to pursue our goals.
We are seeking an innovative leader to drive Zai Laboratory’s translational biology efforts in the areas of cell cycle (CC) and DNA damage response (DDR). The successful candidate will devise and execute translational strategies to guide indication selection and patient stratification for Zai’s late-stage pre-clinical and clinical pipeline in the areas of CC and DDR.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive translational biology efforts and design and execute biomarker strategies for therapeutic programs targeting the CC and DDR pathways.
- Lead translational biology for CC and DDR therapeutics on multi-disciplinary teams for programs in late-stage research (LSR) and in clinical development.
- Collaborate with biologists, immunologists, chemists, statisticians, and computational biologists to develop strategies for indication prioritization and patient stratification.
- Discovery and validate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers for CC and DDR programs in LSR and in the clinic.
- Effectively communicate findings at internal and external meetings through presentations and scientific publications.
- Ph.D. in cellular, molecular biology, or a related field, and 5+ years of experience ideally in an industry setting.
- Extensive experience in the discovery and/or development of therapeutics targeting the CC and DDR pathways, as evidenced by a track records of success in advancing drug discovery programs into the clinic.
- Translational experience in the discovery and implementation of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers using pre-clinical models, both in vitro and in vivo, and in clinical trials.
- Strong track record of multi-tasking and systematically evaluating and prioritizing multiple hypotheses both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem-solving and strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Strong record of scientific accomplishments, as evidenced by publications in top tier journals, patents, and conference presentations.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirement for the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.