Gene Therapy Research Scientist
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Job Description Summary
Scientist with demonstrated experience working with gene editing technologies ie CRISPR-Cas9, novel CRISPR approaches/nucleases, TALENs, or zinc finger nucleases. Deep understanding of advanced sequencing technologies and or experience culturing primary immune cells in the context of gene editing will be highly regarded. Responsible for the development, design, and execution of experiments to progress gene therapies through a research project pipeline. Needs to be teamwork focused with the ability to mentor colleagues. As a Scientist, the incumbent will independently design assays, perform wet lab work, and manage their own time for successful outcomes.
- Provide expert and authoritative scientific advice to group / project team members on Gene editing technologies, such as CRISPR-Cas9
- Cell culture expertise and troubleshooting especially in primary human cells
- Electroporation, transfection, and transduction using viral vectors
- Maintain high-level awareness of key scientific/technical strategies and innovative technological developments in gene editing
- Maintain and build CSL’s research profile within academic and industry contacts
Management & Leadership:
- Provide leadership, technical know-how, and support to relevant program/project teams.
- Build commitment to program/project objectives and common goals, setting standards for self and others.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters innovation and calculated risk-taking within the program/project team members.
- PhD in Genetics/ Molecular Biology, or related discipline with extensive experience in gene therapy subject matter in industry or in an academic environment (essential)
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by publication of scientific work or biotech/pharmaceutical industry project work experience (essential)
- Experience with lentiviral gene therapy platforms will be highly regarded
- Experience with lipid nanoparticles, targeting, and exosomes will be highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal, written)
- Position located in Pasadena and in person work is expected
- Travel domestic and internationally when required (<10%)