Senior Associate - Analytical Chemist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of the Selection and Modality Engineering group with responsibilities including contribution to the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds for discovery and delivery of oligonucleotides, mechanistic understanding and application of RNAi, and potential clinical drug development.
They will use their experimental background in oligonucleotide chemistry and biochemistry from hands-on experience in synthetic organic chemistry, oligonucleotide synthesis, and chemical and biophysical characterizations and demonstrate a consistent, analytical approach to problem solving and experimental design.Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides in an automated laboratory environment
- Conjugation of lipids, carbohydrates and other building blocks to be used for intracellular RNA delivery
- Analyze, interpret, and coordinate data to present in internal meetings
- Additional responsibilities may include advising colleagues in areas of expertise; providing scientific results that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions; participating in national scientific meetings.
- Prepare clearly articulated experimental reports and data presentations
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is a results-oriented researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Masters degree or
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of scientific experience
- Masters degree in Chemistry
- 2+ years of post-degree laboratory research experience with emphasis in nucleoside/oligonucleotide chemistry in an industrial or academic setting.
- Strong experience in organic chemistry and multi-step organic synthesis; experience in chemistry of nucleosides and nucleotides, nucleic acid modifications, and delivery of oligonucleotides
- Solid laboratory skills in synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules and oligomers, familiarity with state-of-the-art analytical techniques such as LC, MS, NMR, and the ability to analyze, interpret, and present data.
- Flexibility to be able to apply knowledge to new areas of study, thrive in a team environment, and possess good communication skills
- Demonstration of good lab practices with attention to safety
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.