HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientist (Technology) - Inflammation
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will drive the discovery and validation of novel targets in autoimmune diseases for the development of innovative medicines. You will be an integral member of a dynamic research team, collaborating with research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, and working closely with groups in other functional areas including Therapeutic Discovery, Medical Sciences, and Computational Biology.
- Perform cutting-edge immunology research
- Develop novel therapies by using various innovative technologies and approaches
- Develop an independent line of research based on initial studies
- Present at scientific conferences and publish in leading journals.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.
- You have the ability to identify novel cell-specific regulatory pathways and to dissect their impact on the tissue microenvironment in vitro and in vivo
- You will have the ability to identify potential new therapeutic targets while focusing on understanding basic mechanisms underlying chronic inflammation.
- You will be able to operate successfully in the context of a highly collaborative environment, and to interact with other scientists and drug discovery teams
- You will have access to state-of-the art technologies and resources including single-cell omics, proteomics, human genetics and in vitro and in vivo model systems for translational research.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree & 4 years of scientific experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 6 years of scientific experience
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral research experience in the fields of immunology, cell biology or molecular biology.
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in the area of immunology as demonstrated by high impact publications
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Multi-color flow cytometry, CRISP/CAS9 screening, omics data analysis, complex in vitro primary cell models, cell signaling/biochemistry, in vivo mouse models of autoimmune disease, genetics of human disease
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate and troubleshoot to solve problems.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates
professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.