Manufacturing Process Technician-Nights
Shift: 7pm to 7am, rotating nights
Under general supervision, the Manufacturing Process Technician will routinely perform simple to moderately-complex processes according to Standard Operating Procedure and Batch Records. Generally, this will include all aspects associated with bulk manufacturing in aseptic and non-aseptic environments.
- Equipment and parts cleaning using manual and automated methods and equipment
- Set up and breakdown of single use materials
- Weigh and dispense of raw materials
- Operation and process monitoring of clean systems, autoclaves, and processing equipment
- Sample collection, processing, storage and delivery
- Product and component reconciliation
- Solution preparation and transfer
- Materials handling, weighing and dispensing, power industrial vehicle operation
- Strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's), responsible to accurately complete process-associated documentation, make calculations and perform the physical tasks associated with bulk manufacturing and other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- 1+ plus years of experience in a GMP/ other regulated environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP principles.
- Drug substance manufacturing experience.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain focus during repetitious tasks over the course of a shift.
- Ability to assemble, disassemble, operate and understand simple to moderately complex equipment per procedures.
- Basic understanding of measurements, calculations and the metric system.
- Ability to work effectively in an individual and team setting.
- Ability to document process tasks in electronic batch records.
- Coachable, ability to take coaching/critique and show learned/measurable improvement.
- Capacity to follow written procedures, recognize and report malfunctions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to perform assignments with a high degree of focus/attention to detail.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.