Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology. Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologic manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be the worlds largest independent biotechnology company, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Reporting to the Manager, the Material Coordinator will support the Thousand Oaks Dispensing team by performing tasks associated with picking, dispensing, and issuing materials required to produce bio-pharmaceutical products.The role is responsible for adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's), operating Powered Industrial Vehicles (PIVs), safe weighing of chemicals, use of validated computer systems, ability to accurately complete documentation, make calculations, and perform physical tasks associated with large scale pharmaceutical manufacturing. The role may be cross trained to support other areas including Inventory Management, and/or Distribution.
- Perform all work in a safe and compliant manner. Consistently follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and departmental policies.
- Reconciliation, receipt and labeling of GMP materials. Pick materials from SAP inventory as requested by Planning. Material issuance and take-outs utilizing MES PAS-X system.
- Gown to grade 8/9 and work in a classified Dispensary daily. Responsibilities also include dispensing small molecule material/API in Potent Compound Room using specialized equipment.
- Responsible for material handling/dispensing and all associated cleanings. Staging materials for transport and delivery.
- Conduct inventory counts and completing inventory discrepancy forms, as required.
- Identify and report operational issues and process improvement opportunities.
- Support other Warehouse functions with receipt, storage, dispensing, delivery, transfer, reconciliation, or shipment of materials per procedures and regulations.
- Lift up to 35lbs and push/pull heavy loads using material handling equipment.
Education and experience
- Associates degree and 2 years of experience OR
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of experience
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.