Principal Scientist, DMPK
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Accelerate Recursion's late discovery and early development portfolio by providing expert DMPK guidance for programs approaching candidate selection
- Produce comprehensive IND-enabling nonclinical data packages (in collaboration with CRO partners) including human dose predictions, DDI de-risking, and input on model-informed clinical program design
- Author high-quality internal and external documents including source reports and regulatory documents (e.g. IB, IND modules, etc.)
- Understand, articulate, and resolve gaps in nonclinical data packages for assets Recursion is considering advancing to clinical development
- Advise junior staff and project teams for programs from early discovery through clinical development
The Team You’ll Join
You will join Recursion's DMPK department, reporting to the Director of DMPK. DMPK is an end-to-end organization, designed to impact all phases of drug discovery and development. The team is dedicated to leveraging translational planning in the earliest phases of discovery projects, enabling acceleration of candidate selection. You will work closely with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, Clinical Pharmacology, Biology, Pharmacology, Toxicology and others.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD, PharmD with 5+ years serving as ADME program lead in drug discovery/development or MS with 7+ years
- ADME program representative encompassing lead optimization, candidate selection, IND and IB preparation, and early clinical development
- Using PK/PD and MIDD approaches to inform progression of drug discovery efforts from basic research through clinical development
- Participation in due diligence activities ang gap analysis focusing on DMPK/ADME
- Experience mentoring junior staff
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.