Logistics Operator I
Logistics Operators are responsible for the movement of materials both physically and systematically (SAP) at the Kalamazoo site. The role is critical to ensuring materials are received, stored, moved, and shipped in a timely, safe, and compliant manner. The scope of material handling performed in this role include all materials (i.e. packaging materials, raw materials, APIs, work-in-process, and finished goods) that serve the API and Drug Product production and distribution processes. The Logistic Operator I role is considered entry level with no prior logistics/warehouse/PIV experience.
A Logistics Operator I will spend majority of their time training on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), internal/external regulations, safety guidelines, GMP’s, SAP and various powered industrial vehicle operation. They will be focused on demonstrating their ability to operate safely and reliably in a GMP environment. Tasks performed by a Logistics Operator I will include:
- Emptying trash luggers
- Inspecting shipments prior to receipt
- Repalletizing material
- Labeling materials
- Preparing materials for shipment (i.e. applying thermal/protective packaging)
- Picking, placing, and staging materials
- Performing SAP material movement transactions
- Cycle counting
- Documenting activities as required
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Applicable warehouse experience (preferred)
- Ability to obtain the following certifications as needed: Forklift certification, Hazmat certification, DOT certification, Valid Driver’s License
- Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn the use of SAP
- Repetition of activities.
- Stair climbing and extended standing and/or walking.
- Frequent time around equipment with moving parts.
- Ability to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Potential exposure to Penicillin/Cephalsporin products. Allergies to Penicillin/Cephalsporin should be disclosed prior to hire?
- Work will primarily be performed in controlled temperature conditions ranging between (15-30C), but operators could have potential to regularly work in conditions outside this range including (-20C, 2-8C, and ambient/outdoor).
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be available for weekend and daily overtime as needed
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt#LI-PFE