Test Engineer (M/F)
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write”. We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for a motivated and efficient Engineering Technician who will be focused on enabling and testing our DNA synthesis technology and the development of DNA Script’s commercial product. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The position will be US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Work closely with team members to improve quality and performance of mechatronic and automation platforms
- Perform mechanical, electrical, and fluidic tests on prototypes. Document results clearly, using approved templates
- Operate, maintain, and perform advanced service on prototypes. Address issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair and requalify prototypes and associated test equipment .
- Assemble components, subsystems, and systems for testing.
- Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Assist in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment.
- Use manufacturing, test, development, and/or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Work closely with development engineers to conduct engineering tests, collect performance data, and/or assist in research work.
- Maintain a clean work environment including instruments and equipment and workspace
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline with 1 year of experience
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with instruments including electromechanical systems, especially linear actuators and fluidics.
- Extensive experience diagnosing and correcting problems with instruments or equipment.
- Experience and aptitude with testing light mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with electrical circuits and power supplies.
- Ability to follow documented procedures as well as keep organized lab notebook
- Experience using mechanical tools to assemble and disassemble instrument components, modules, and full systems
- Experience working on analytical instruments combining mechanisms, electronics, automation, and fluidics.
- Hands-on experience with breadboard/prototype builds and automation/fluidics optimization.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits.
- Experience in reliability or life testing. Experience developing fixtures and instrumentation for assembly and testing.
- Phone interview with the manager
- Day interview at the office with the manager, cofounders, HR and the team
- References check
- Timing: around 2-3 weeks
- Start date: Q2 2021