Investigator I (Serology)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
To support the development of new and/or improved assays for identification of novel mechanisms/correlates of protection of Influenza vaccines. Identify alternative sources of immunological reagents, develop new assay format(s) that will allow for high throughput and assay performance that will meet GLP requirements, demonstrate their validity in preclinical animal model(s) and support implementation in early clinical trials.Major Accountabilities:
- Development of new and/or improved assays for identification of novel mechanisms/correlates of protection. Emphasis on the identification of alternative sources of immunological reagents and modification of assay format to allow for high throughput and automation.
- Demonstrate the basic requirements of novel mechanisms/correlates of protection assay both in vitro and in preclinical animal model.
- Demonstrate understanding, ownership, and accountability of assigned Research projects
- prepare reports as needed
- Prepare and present data in the context of the overall project at cross-functional meetings
- Conduct self-directed literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects
- Improve efficiency of methods and processes.
- Compose and revise protocols and technical documents.
- Function as a productive team member of the Seqirus Research group
- Work and communicate effectively with others within and across functions
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement and contribute to scientific discussions in meetings
- Pursue cross-training opportunities or learn new technologies as needed to fulfill role
- Train on and follow internal policies and procedures to maintain day-to-day lab operation, quality standards, HSE compliance, IP, performance management, etc.
- Help build and promote a positive culture and working environment
- PhD, MD in relevant immunology and biology fields, or equivalent
- PhD or equivalent with 1-3 years serology experience. Prior industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge and relevant laboratory experience in the fields of serology, virology, cell biology and molecular biology.
- Ability to independently design, execute, analyze, and interpret data in a timely manner with some guidance and supervision.
- Good demonstration of time and resource management, communication, and teamwork
- Ability to generate written reports, to prepare and present data at cross-functional internal meetings, and to demonstrate ownership, understanding, and accountability of assigned projects.
- Demonstration of intellectual and scientific curiosity, a high level of engagement, and initiative to conduct literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects.
- Experience with the following: ELISA, ELISpot, multiplex measurements (Luminex technologies), cell culture, cell-based assays, hemagglutination inhibition assay, viral neutralization assay, preclinical animal models, handling of human source material, vaccination strategies and regimens, management of external contracts
- Familiarity with human and laboratory animal immune systems and assay methods
- Software skills: GraphPad Prism, Excel, PowerPoint