HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together - researching, manufacturing, and delivering
ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Data Engineer will be working closely with the product owner/Product Architect and various functional teams to understand the data requirements and implementing data engineering solutions. This position will be part of the Enterprise Engineering and Analytics organization and the Data engineering team, is responsible for the design and development of data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to Enterprise Data Lake.
- Be a key team member in the design and development of the Data pipelines
- Collaborate with lead Architects, Business SMEs, and Data Scientists to design and develop end-to-end data pipelines and supporting infrastructure
- Build data visualization solutions either in ReactJS or Tableau
- Hands on role in design, develop, test, deploy, and deliver highly scalable software products/ apps
- Build new infrastructure and analytics tools using Python, SQL, and AWS
- Proactively identify & implement opportunities to automate tasks and develop reusable frameworks
- Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a data engineer with experience and interest in building scalable, automated solutions in a fast paced environment, with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of IS Operations experience
Associates degree and 6 years of IS Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of IS Operations experience
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Has hands-on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with AWS Services(Or any other cloud service) like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Experience in building data visualization using React & React Native framework or Tableau
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates
professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence, and top-shelf-talent
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
This position is open to remote workers within United States.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.