FUEL Associate Rotational Program - Science
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree or will be earned by summer 2022. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
FUEL Associate Rotational ProgramLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, you will use strong analytical skills, decision-making, and leadership attributes. The objective is to develop future leaders with a blend of technical knowledge and soft skills (extra-curricular activities, leadership, and/or student associations).
The Rotational Programs selected candidates will work under minimal direction, but along a support system that consists of a Mentor, Buddy, Coach, and Rotational Buddy to foster you during the assimilation process from Academia to Workplace. This two-year Rotational Program consists of three 8-months rotations in the areas of 1. Manufacturing (Drug Product or Drug Substance), 2. Quality, and 3. Wild Card within Process Development, Engineering, Operations Improvement, or Supply Chain.
Participants will graduate with diverse experience, technical skills, and poise to make creative and meaningful decisions to serve our patients.
We have several positions based in Juncos. Amgen Manufacturing Limited is chosen as one of the top 3 Best Employers in Puerto Rico. Candidates will be virtual interviewed 1 3 times between October and November 2021, and those selected will start in the summer of 2022.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leadership / Management
- May lead operators on critical processes
- May train staff to perform hands-on tasks
- May act as a safety representative
- May assist with system ownership responsibilities
- Meet with a support system regularly
- Complete work of projects/tasks assigned
- Responsible for present achievements to site management after each rotation
- Will act as an Amgen ambassador during internal and external extra-curricular activities
- Basic troubleshooting
- Assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions (e.g. equipment logs, routine area audits, batch records)
- May perform routine maintenance (including documentation of work performed, troubleshooting/system diagnostics, parts/system inventory, maintenance/calibration, equipment use/cleaning logs, internal equipment delivery for scheduled calibrations, and scheduling vendor visits) of laboratory equipment as the responsible system owner
- May verify experimental data, monitor and maintains raw material inventory, maintains/revises laboratory guidelines, maintains MSDS documentation, and provides basic experiment preparation support
- Assists in the analysis and interpretation under the direct supervision of own data and verifies experimental data from other lab group members
- May develop basic scientific skills through routine laboratory tasks completion
- May perform and supervise critical laboratory processes
- Align with Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Procedures
- Regularly draft and revise routine documents (e.g. MPs, SOPs, and technical reports)
- Demonstrate contributions to the business by identifying and recommending improvements related to routine functions
- Recognize & accurately report problems
- Documents appropriate work output (lab notebook compliance, SOPs, etc.)
- Reads and follows written technical procedures
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Associate Rotational professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
The Basic Qualifications are:
Graduated from bachelors or masters degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Industrial Biotechnology between 2020 and summer 2022, with a minimum general GPA of 3.20Or
If actively pursuing a masters degree, a minimum general GPA of 3.20, and graduated from bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Industrial BiotechnologyAnd
Research, Investigations, and/or COOP related experience within a science-based environment and a maximum of 2 years of work experience in a GMP/Manufacturing environment
Beyond that, the additional preferred qualifications are:
- Previous Amgen Intern or Co-Op, Amgen Bio-Talents, or Amgen Capstone experience
- If graduated with a masters degree, the graduation date from a bachelors degree should have been completed between 2017 and 2019.
- If actively pursuing a masters degree, graduated from bachelors degree with a minimum general GPA of 3.20 between 2017 and 2021.
- Global attitude/willingness to accept overseas assignments
- Results-oriented and goal driven
- Clear, concise writing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of cGMPs
- Efficient time leadership and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Basic word processing, and spreadsheet application skills (MS systems)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.