Principal Scientist, Translational Modeling
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
***Flexible work arrangements for those who are unable to relocate***
The Impact You’ll Make
- Drive PK/PD strategies on projects resulting in clear understanding of target efficacious human exposure and support corresponding dose selection/regimen for nonclinical studies and early clinical development
- Provide translational PK/PD modeling to inform early clinical development programs in support of key milestones; and Refine models with incoming data
- Develop preclinical PK/PD strategies on projects to predict efficacious human exposure and dose or to define critical properties of clinical candidates
- Collaborate across Recursion’s end to end portfolio, spanning disease areas and stages of development; work closely with a wide range of skill sets, championing model informed drug discovery
The Team You’ll Join
You will be joining Recursion’s Clinical Pharmacology department, reporting to the Senior Director of Clinical Pharmacology. You will work closely with Recursion’s DMPK, Toxicology, Biology, and Chemistry groups for the planning and execution of our early clinical development programs.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD, PharmD, or MS degree in relevant discipline
- 5+ years’ experience contributing PK/PD experiment design and analysis
- Experience handling clinical PK and PD data in the appropriate regulatory environment
- Technical expertise and programming fluency to apply PK/PD, pharmacometrics, QSP modeling, PBPK modeling, and other quantitative techniques; hands-on experience with supporting software (ie Phoenix, SimCyp, GastroPlus, etc)
- Proven success working on cross functional drug discovery and development teams
- Understanding of ADME and human PK prediction techniques for pharmaceuticals across various modalities
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option and restricted stock unit (RSUs) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.