Senior Research Associate, Stem Cell Biology - Cardio
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated researcher with experience in molecular and cellular biology to contribute to projects developing stem cell models for drug discovery for cardiovascular disease. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of molecular biology with significant expertise in human pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs/hESCs). Additional experience with CRISPR gene editing, assay development, high throughput/high content imaging and engineered heart tissues is preferred. As a member of the stem cell group, you will work alongside stem cell scientists to support the growth of new differentiations, assays, and high throughput screens. This position is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic cross-functional team that will contribute directly to the identification of new targets and the design and validation of novel disease-modifying therapeutics.
Your Role in Navigating the Maze:
- Perform tissue culture procedures to support ongoing iPSC differentiations into cardiomyocytes
- Analyze cell cultures using a wide range of molecular and cell biology assays (e.g. ELISA, q-PCR, single cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, and high content imaging.)
- Work alongside Functional Genomics team to generate CRISPR engineered hiPSCs and optimize hiPSC CRISPR screens.
- Maintain excellent lab record keeping as a support member to all stem cell projects
- You will proactively support development of assay strategies and engage with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation
Your Navigation Tools:
- B.S/M.S with 5+ years of relevant discipline and relevant laboratory experience
- Strong hiPSC tissue culture skills and a thorough understanding of biological procedures is essential. Additional experience with CRISPR cell line engineering is preferred
- Ideal candidates will have a depth of research experience in cell biology and assay development and a broad range of additional laboratory skills
- Experience in a drug discovery environment is preferred but not required
- Experience and expertise with engineered heart tissues is preferred
- Experience with development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (eg. Imaging, FACS, ELISA, qPCR, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications is required
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills and are required