Scientist / Senior Scientist, Human Genetics
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we’ll develop for a range of severe diseases.
We are seeking an exceptional computational biologist/statistical geneticist to join our early research team. The successful candidate will contribute to the design of robust genetic association and gene interaction studies, develop workflows/pipelines for association analyses and other statistical genetics techniques, perform analyses on large-scale genetic datasets, integrate results from functional genomics screens with human genetics and contribute to interpretation of results with the goal of identifying new therapeutic targets. Successful candidates will contribute directly to the development of novel disease modifying therapeutics. The role required superb analytical skills and an ability to collaborate with biologists and other data scientists to grow our new targets.
Your Role in Navigating The Maze:
- Work in close collaboration with data science and functional genomics to integrate results from functional genomics studies with human genetics data for new target identification/prioritization
- Leverage major scientific and technological advances, including investment in biobanks linked to large-scale human health databases, cutting-edge informatics platforms, breakthrough understanding of biological pathways, functional genomics capabilities
- Identify and integrate data tools to expand analysis capabilities and maintain and up-to-date understanding of statistical genetics capabilities
- Perform and interpret human genetic analyses using public and internal data to identify new targets and therapeutic hypotheses
- Contribute to writing patents, reports and scientific publications
Your Navigation Tools:
- Ph.D., M.D. or M.D.-Ph.D. with significant relevant experience in genetics/bioinformatics/computational biology and the biologic interpretation of human genetic data
- Well versed in the management and analysis of large datasets, including those derived from SNP arrays and next-generation sequencing platforms
- In depth knowledge with GWAS
- Experience in the analysis of large-scale genomic association studies in complex genetic diseases including correcting for population stratification and imputation of genotypes.
- A strong computational/statistical background (perl, python, R or others) is highly desirable
- Experience with Mendelian Randomization (or other causality inference approaches) or analysis of crispr screens is a plus
- Communication skills to clearly present data and your interpretation of the results
- A highly motivated disposition and desire to push new scientific boundaries