Associate Director, Commercial Analytics
The Associate Director, Commercial Analytics is responsible for providing analytical expertise to the Commercial Organization, in preparation for launch and commercialization of bempegaldesleukin (bempeg). Responsible for generation of insights from various secondary data sources, including Real World Data (RWD) from claims and EMR systems to provide strategic recommendations to the bempeg commercial team and other stakeholders. This position will encompass advanced analytics for marketing, market access and sales operations. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Works on complex problems or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedule, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Consistently works with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business.
- Through assessment of intangible variables, identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company's goals.
- Develops a deep understanding of internal stakeholders' data and analytical needs.
- Responsible for data acquisition and analysis to inform commercial strategies, tactics and decisions.
- Coordinates the procurement of various datasets, design and implement analytical solutions in support of various commercial initiatives e.g., understanding of current market landscape based on RWD sources, opportunity identification, customer targeting, ROI analytics etc.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of RWD sources (EMR, claims, clinical, etc.) to guide organization on appropriate data sources to use for addressing key business questions.
- Leads the design and delivery of advanced quantitative data analyses leveraging large/complex datasets.
- Champions the use of local customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the business.
- Builds advanced analytics capabilities.
- Tests and deploys new analytical capabilities for the business.
- Monitors the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization.
- Collaborates closely with the Business Insights team to ensure insights from secondary data are appropriately integrated with insights from other sources.
- Establishes sales operations requirements for sizing, targeting, incentive compensation, and field force reporting.
- Collaborates with various other groups including Marketing, Access, Sales, IT, and other stakeholders.
- Contractor/ vendor management, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, or related field; equivalent experience may be accepted. Related advanced degree preferred. 10+ years of relevant experience in pharma/biotech space in advanced analytics; 8+ years of management experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry.
- Previous oncology experience required.
- Experience working with large complex data and corresponding query/ programming languages such as SAS, Alteryx, R, Python, or SQL plus experience with other big data technology such as Hadoop.
- Strong knowledge of secondary data sources including syndicated sales, promotional & marketing data, longitudinal patient level data; experience with payer data.
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required.
- Experience with field force analytics, including customer segmentation, targeting, and promotional response measurements.
- Competency in navigating large volumes of information to synthesize what’s most important and actionable.
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to develop strong partnerships and influence without authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including describing complex data topics in simple terms.
- Considerable experience with presentation of statistical analysis results to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.