Associate Director, Data Engineering
The role will play a critical role for the Amazon Web service (AWS) Data Lake strategy and roadmap, and AWS architecture for data systems and technologies. Supporting the latest AWS cloud technologies, the this role will be required to code, test and support new process to ingest and maintain data compliance. In collaboration with the IT and compliance team, this role will successfully provide hands-on coding, end-end system design, and execute on operations/enhancements to support R&D activities, while maintaining FDA compliance and Nektar validation procedures. This role must be a team player who can work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment in order to generate creative solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with data science and systems leaders and other stakeholders to roadmap, structure, prioritize and execute on AWS data engineering requirements
- Works closely with the IT organization and other functions to make sure that business needs and requirements, IT processes, and regulatory compliance requirements are met
- Build the AWS infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a vendor site clinical data sources using AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Create and maintain optimal AWS data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Ability to work with different data formats (SAS, JSON, CSV, XML) and interact with various on-premise nd cloud data sources as well as RESTful APIs
- Able to interpret and translate very abstract and technical approaches into a healthcare and business-relevant solution
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field; A Master's degree is preferred. A minimum of 8 years of experience with visualization tools (AWS, Tableau, PowerBI, R shiny, D3js), databases, python nd R coding (required). A minimum of 8 years of technical management experience or equivalent experience (required). Experience with AWS-based S3, Lambda, Step functions (preferred). AWS solutions architect certification (preferred)