R&D Associate (Viral Vector Technologies, Gene Therapy)
Viral Vector Technologies (VVT) is a technology development group at Regeneron focused on engineering and discovery of novel viral vectors to support internal research as well as gene therapy-based platforms. We are looking for a candidate to support our development of novel viral vectors and methods for therapeutic gene editing. This is an opportunity for a researcher interested in advancing pioneering approaches in genetic medicines.
As a R&D Associate in the VVT group, a typical week may include the following:
- Production and purification of candidate adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors using cell culture and biochemical methods.
- Designing and conducting in vitro studies using CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing and AAV-based gene therapy approaches in primary cell culture.
- Evaluating virus transduction and transgene expression through multiple bioassays involving luminescence, fluorescence, or colorimetric readouts.
- Perform common biochemical and molecular biology tasks such as plasmid DNA cloning, DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, Western blotting, ELISA, etc.
- Assist with mouse studies as needed (specimen collections, injections).
- Data analysis and graphical representation (statistical/graphical software, MS Excel).
- Present findings at group lab meetings (MS PowerPoint).
This role may be for you if:
- You have a passion for science and want to contribute to exciting projects
- You enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
To be considered for this role, we ask that you have 1 or more years of relevant lab experience following completion of a bachelor’s degree. Additional requirements include proficiency in mammalian cell culture, some experience with animal handling, attention to detail, good organizational skills, thoughtful time management, ability to work independently, and collaborative spirit. Prior experience with AAV vectors and in vitro cell-based assays will be a distinct advantage.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.