Associate Scientist II, Process Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Bioprocess Development at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated junior Scientist to join the CHO Cell Line Development team. The Scientist will advance AbbVie’s biotherapeutics pipeline through the development and characterization of highly productive CHO cell lines suitable for cGMP protein manufacturing. The selected candidate will have good experience in mammalian cell culture and demonstrate good aseptic technique history, following standard protocol to generate and analyze precise, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner. The candidate will also need to demonstrate good communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, team-working spirit, and strong scientific thinking approach in problem solving. The position is based in AbbVie Bioresearch Centre, Worcester, MA.
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Develop a highly productive stable CHO cell line suitable for cGMP biotherapeutic manufacturing for various Biologics projects following standard protocols
- Participate and contribute to cross functional CMC team as CLD lead to ensure the success of CMC timeline
- Participate new technology improvement projects
- Perform routine tasks competently, independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Author technical reports detailing standard procedures used and results. Effectively present scientific data and concepts to various audiences Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations.
- Learn and effectively implement new experimental protocols and/or techniques. Maintain laboratory equipment and optimize laboratory operations for efficient use of time and laboratory supplies and reagents, when appropriate.
- Consult literature to understand scientific purpose of assignments. Impact projects predominantly through lab activity.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years’ experience or Master’s Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience).
- Attention to details, careful record-keeping, strong time management skills with executing multi-step experiments
- Strong interest in working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across projects while keeping deliverables within timelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.