Human Resources Leader
Human Resources (HR) Leader
Are you ready to join a growing, innovative, precision oncology powerhouse? Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core scientific, clinical, regulatory, and business leaders to bring new therapies for cancer patients struggling with limited treatment options. Our focus has been and will continue to be new oncology therapeutics based on targeting the biological drivers of the cancer, regardless of tumor type.
Rain Therapeutics strongly believes that we are tremendously fortunate to aim our careers towards having a direct impact on patients, and we intend to fully leverage this opportunity with aggressive developmental timelines for a multitude of pipeline programs, all unified across a precision oncology strategy.
Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core business leaders to execute on our vision to identify, and execute on the development, of novel therapeutic avenues for the treatment of cancer. The personality of Rain will always be focused on entrepreneurs with autonomy to build their respective teams in a flat organizational structure.
The Human Resources Leader will assume a hands-on role in the planning, implementation, and building the core People functions of Rain. The successful candidate will be the primary architect and administrator of the entire employee life cycle from candidate status through hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance, training, growth and promotion to transition out of the organization. This leader, comfortable in a startup environment, will report initially to the CEO. He or she may not have direct reports but will manage the HR processes with assistance of the Administrative Assistant to the Finance team.
Critical Job Skills:
- Design and manage all talent acquisition activities including Greenhouse ATS, third party recruiters, and technical recruiting platforms to build all departments within Rain
- Own and administer the HRIS, currently through Insperity, including all benefit offerings, onboarding, and performance assessments. Lead the strategy and implementation for moving the HRIS to a more comprehensive and modern platform
- Maintain confidential relationships with and be a trustworthy advisor to the executive team, managers, and employees at all levels
- Implement policies for hiring and interviewing, promotions, merit and bonus awards, employee terminations, etc. as appropriate
- Keep up to date with legal HR requirements and trends in HR thinking, advising management of changes in laws and regulations.
- Creatively balance building staff with FTEs with consultants and temporary assistance where appropriate
- Work closely with management to foster the growth of people in their positions on a continual basis including learning platforms and programs
- Manage and encourage the employee review process for routine upward, sideways, and downward feedback
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in human resources, business, science, or liberal arts plus at least 10 years of relevant experience as an HR leader, most recently in the healthcare industry for at least the last 7 years; Master's degree and significant experience in biotech startups preferred.
- Experienced in and comfortable with high-growth organizations of fewer than 50 people where she/he helped build teams and establish appropriate HR systems
- Tech savvy, comfortable learning and optimizing new platforms and technology
- Strong communication skills: presentation, written, and verbal both one-on-one and in groups
- Approachable and empathetic, creates a trusting environment
Rain Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Rain are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.