Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century's genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century's foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
The Corporate Controller will be primarily responsible for the financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting, internal controls, treasury, taxes, and all regulatory filings. The role will require a solid foundation in SEC rules and regulations, SEC reporting (including 10-K, 10-Q, proxy and 8-Ks) as well as strong technical accounting experience, including writing accounting memos and resolving complex accounting issues with external auditors. Individual will possess the ability to establish a strong internal controls framework to ensure SOX compliance. Key interface with Finance, Research, Early Development, and Technical Development and Manufacturing to enable strong business support and appropriate resource allocation. This is a hands-on leadership position with the opportunity to establish guidelines, processes, and systems as well as scale the overall accounting and financial reporting function. As the company and our pipeline grows, this individual will grow and develop a team of accounting and reporting professionals.
- Lead US GAAP compliant financial reporting and analysis, including the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process and reporting packages. Responsible for SEC reporting (including 10-K, 10-Q, proxy and 8-Ks).
- Oversee general accounting, ledgers, reporting systems, payroll, 401K, accounts payable and treasury functions.
- Function as the expert for technical accounting - keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements, develop, maintain, and enforce technical accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP, and write comprehensive accounting memos.
- Establish, adjust, and document internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Manage audit processes and relationships with external auditors. Support the conduct of all external audit activity.
- Manage the company's tax reporting and filing processes. Manage and review the Company's tax advisors, in preparing the Company's income tax returns, tax provision, tax disclosures, tax studies and analyses.
- Oversee the annual budget process
- Oversee equity administration, accounting, and systems.
- Lead and develop the accounting staff
- Bachelor's degree required, typically with an advanced degree such as an MBA, and/or advanced certification such as a CPA along with 15+ years of relevant professional experience ideally in an industry setting.
- Bachelor's degree and CPA is required
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience is required
- At least 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Must have at least some industry experience, preferably in life sciences