Scientific Associate II (Molecular Biology & Virology)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for providing support to influenza virus generation and characterization and non-viral vector development as well as performing antigen construct generation and characterization with molecular biology and cell biology assays.Major Accountabilities:
Antigen construct generation, mRNA production, and molecular biology assays.
- Support cell culture, influenza virus production and characterization and non-viral vector development and improvement of virus-production cell line.
- Support synthetic technology for virus generation to improve vaccine production.
- Support and perform molecular assay and cell-based assay.
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and keep up with ordering and lab organizing.
Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Support other functions and other divisions when needed.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in molecular biology or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience in virology, molecular biology or other related fields.
- Strong experience in aseptic techniques and cell culture, virus production and characterization, purification and quantification assay is required
- Experience in microbiology and molecular biology including cloning, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA quantification and molecular analytical methods such as qPCR is desired
- Creative and the ability to generate accurate and reproducible results along with multi-tasking and working effectively in a fast-paced environment are critical.
- Organizational, written and oral communication skills and ability to work in teams is required.